Have you completed your High School or graduation? Are you interested in the field of accounts, finance, and business administration? Do you want to start your career as a Certified Bookkeeper? & want to know How to Become a Certified Bookkeeper, If yes, so you have come to the right place to get the right opportunity. Becoming a Certified Bookkeeper is nothing less than a challenge in accounting and today we will let you know how to face this challenge and get success.
If we talk about Bookkeeper, Bookkeeper is the only person who sustains all the financial transactions related to the business together (such as expenses, debts, equity, receipts, revenue and income, account payables, and accounts receivables) and generates a sheet of them in the spreadsheet and by using an effective best accounting software and accounting tools after analyzing them. You know what Bookkeeper is hired by the companies whether it is small, medium, or big because they know bookkeepers have qualified to track all financial records and update them according to the daily changes in business transactions.
Know all things about How to Become a Certified Bookkeeper?
Qualification Required of becoming a Certified Bookkeeper
If you desire to exert yourself as a bookkeeper, you must have a degree of high school or graduation along with 2 years of accounting experience. You must have these things to get a certification in bookkeeping:
- Degree of High school or Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2-years of working experience in the same field.
- Should have some accounting and basic computer skills.
Certified Bookkeeper Programs
After completing your initial stage of a career in bookkeeping so you need to adopt some course to get a certification of bookkeepers through the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers, National Association Of Certified Bookkeepers, Certified Public Bookkeepers, College and university programs, Accounting software certifications which teach us about how to deal with costs, payroll process, calculate inventory and depreciation, revenue, income, and other financial statements by using accounting software.
After selected in these programs, professional plus experience bookkeepers guide the freshers who are newcomers as an employee for training online as well as offline and each employee gets a specific professional bookkeeper who takes over the responsibility of supporter and guider that helps the freshers to understand about the actual role of Certified Bookkeeper and Certified Public Bookkeeper.
When you apply for a Certified Bookkeeper role, you must have 2 years of bookkeeping years that are required by AIBP. The procedure of AIBP exams are simple as follows:
- First, you need to apply for an exam.
- Then you need an online as well as an offline application for further study material such as books, pamphlets, notes.
You know you have to face four papers, first, two papers held offline at an exam center, you get the other last two papers held online as an open book exam and you need to clarify these exams and score 70% on the first attempt and 75% in second attempt to become a certified bookkeeper.
Certified Public Bookkeeper
Certified Public Bookkeeper is much more heavy responsibility and a little difficult than Certified Bookkeeper because it contains extra plus advanced qualifications needed for applying in this exam. By acquiring these exams, you need to apply directly to the NACPB website for study materials and know about the further process.
AIPB Vs NACPB
AIPB offers Certified Bookkeeper which contains $200 as a cost of the exam, $60 for registration fees, and membership fee each.
NACPB offers Certified Public bookkeeper which contains $600 as a cost of the exam and $400 for those who are already a member, $100 for registration fees and membership fee each.
Certified Bookkeeper Classes
Students want to make an advanced career and that advanced career can be made by any professional degree. We have different bookkeeping programs which offer the achievement of each program such as AIPB offers Certified Bookkeeper, and NACPB offers Certified Public Bookkeeper but Universities and colleges don’t offer any title because it facilitates classes for advanced bookkeeping in the form of training provided by experienced, developed, skillful bookkeepers who have many years of experience in the same field.
Before attending the exams of AIBP and NACPB, we need to take some guidance through bookkeeping and accounting guides(study material) which are available in the market and directly into the website of AIPB and NACPB which guide you about the financial records that bookkeepers need to be recorded when they become an advanced bookkeeper. In simple words, in the whole training + Bookkeeping Study + exam, we know about the work and role of bookkeeper in actual professional life.
Certified Bookkeeper Exam
In the AIPB exam, there have 4 sections which are divided into 2 parts:
- 1st +2nd part = 2 hours limit
- 3rd + 4th part = No hours limit
- The Study material of Members of AIPB – Those who are already a member of AIPB, get a discount of $60 and get a Membership of $60 annually.
- The Study material of Non-Member of AIPB – Those who are not a member of AIPB, get study material of $314 without any discount.
In the NACPB exam, there have 4 sections which are divided into 4 parts:
- Each section has the same time/hours limit ie. 2 hours.
- The Study material of Members of NACPB – Those who are already a member of NACPB, get a discount of $300 and get a Membership of $100 annually.
- The Study material of Non-Member of NACPB – Those who are not members of NACPB get study material of $1,297 without any discount.
- Certified Public Accountant
- What is thought leadership
- What is loan disbursement?
- How to become a wedding planner
- How do insurance companies make money
- Difference between current account and savings account
- Which Bookkeeping certification is best?