Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking is a type of service that is provided by a communications service provider. They use the method of voice-over IP (VoIP). In this, the connectivity between a phone system and the public switched telephone network. This type of connectivity is done at your premises. SIP is used for making and managing calls. SIP trunking is a replacement of the digital Primary Rate Interfaces. which is based on the time-division multiplexing.
SIP trunking is widely used and deployed by communications service providers. Many companies are replacing their TDM-based services. These service providers are giving SIP trunking on the existing Ethernet or on the Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network infrastructure. The providers also reduce the sip trunking cost and also remove some complexity that is associated with legacy digital platforms. They have a provision of adding some extra features to it.
Why we use SIP Trunking?
The main purpose to use the SIP trunking is to replace PRI technology, which is very old technology. PRI refers to a Primary Rate Interface. We are using this method for the last so many years to deliver lines of voice. With the help of copper lines, we are able to transfer the data. This method is very slow and it requires a lot to maintain the line because there are so many analog phone lines are connected, so it requires bundles of lines. So its hardware also becomes outdated.
SIP trunking is using VoIP technology. Which is refresh and faster also. In SIP trucking we can do instant messages and video conferencing also because sip supports all types of data transferring. SIP trunking is not so costly. This technology is the right option for those who want to start their communication business at less cost.
How Does SIP Trunking Work?
SIP is having an amazing and wonderful format. Sip is using the IP telephony method. This method help user to establishes a VoIP session over the internet. Under the established session you can do the following things at a time:
- Voice call with one other person
- you can have multiple people on a conference call
- same time run the video calls
SIP trunks work as an intermediator between your business phone system and the Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP)
SIP trunking setup includes the following things:
- Internet connection
- SIP-compatible PBX box which is also called IP PBX
- VoIP phone
- Network connection for your phones
Benefits of SIP Trunking
SIP helps to connect a variety of devices. We can connect different individuals and businesses at the local level and globally with the help of voice, video, and text. It simplifies business communication systems needs and makes businesses technologically affordable and commendable.
- Cost Savings
- Global Potential & Mobility
- Network Consolidation
- No More Physical Infrastructure
- No Costly Hardware Investments
- Simple Management
What are the active functions of the SIP trunk?
- The SIP trunks are used based on the number of calls and how many calls you receive or make.
- It works based on communication provider service
- It is used based on your fixed plans.
- It is expensive but safer than other technical service providers such as ISDN, PRI lines due to the high efficiency of managing more calls with IP systems from the online portal of management.
- Single SIP trunks can manage multiple calls at a single time due to scalability.
- SIP design in advance with proper planning so that you can use perfectly in the future, you need to grow and update your SIP trunks so that you can get advanced advantages while using this device such as when a customer is trying to call you but they find that lines are busy, in that situation, they will send a voice message if your system is updated and configured.
- This is advantageous for the company as well as customers, it will give your business a new direction.
- Before adopting the SIP trunk, you have to estimate your daily calls or annual calls, it will help to choose a SIP trunk faster and better.
Are all SIP trunks the same?
All SIP trunks are not the same due to different service providers. Each SIP trunk has unique calls making or receiving power so not all can give the same result. Some service providers offer SIP trunk that allows 50% of average calls and supports few channels per trunk but on the other hand, some provide100% of average calls and support more calls per trunk. Services are different due to only targeting the market and business size. So packages are different but the quality is the same and useful.
- How to get KFC franchise
- Best Construction apps
- Types of liabilities
- Less stressful jobs
- What is grant writing
- Why brand identity matters